True story my therapist told me it is 100% natural and healthy to have attachments to fictional characters, especially strong hero types because they may have flaws but in the end they always save the day and some people just need that constant positive force in their life.
You don’t understand how perfect this is.
One of my favourite things about Harry Potter is that Harry is such an unreliable narrator, not because he’s lying, but because he was so oblivious, just about anything could be going on under his nose and he wouldn’t even notice. It’s great because it supports basically every headcanon. Like, no, Harry would not have noticed if Sirius and Remus were dating, I know he’s The Chosen One but he’s about as perceptive as a pile of bricks.
les amis all have very different aesthetics and it’s so great
each of us in the fandom find ourselves identifying to at least one of them more than the others, whether we admit it or not - like, yes, i love all of them, but this one is my aesthetic
and they’re so fun to think about as a group and as a group of individual aesthetics coming together to work very well in fanart sets and graphics
thank you victor hugo. i doubt you intended it that way, but thank you
Neon Jungle cover Lorde’s “Royals”
reasons that les amis have all, at various points in time, shown up to meetings wearing sparkly fairy wings and a fluffy pink crown:
- bahorel needs no reason. why are you acting like he needs a reason. can’t a grown man wear sparkly fairy wings and a fluffy pink crown every once in a while without getting all these goddamn questions?
- feuilly was visiting at a local childrens’ shelter and never got around to taking them off
- enjolras lost a bet to courfeyrac, and he has to wear them all day including to all his lectures and the dining hall and to a meeting with his adviser
- combeferre and courfeyrac both show up wearing them because they had been hanging out with courf’s little sisters, and somehow they both ended the day in sparkly fairy wings, fluffy pink crowns, and holding bright pink build-a-bear rabbits
- jehan, like bahorel, needs no reason. but if asked, he’ll stare off at a point in the distance, and say quietly “ridiculous standards of what is considered ‘masculine’ and ‘feminine’.”
- grantaire apparently has a job where he teaches art to preschoolers once a week. enough said.
- joly and bossuet are laughing too hard to actually tell anyone the story
When you stay up really late finishing a book and the next day you feel like a zombie, not only because you’ve barely had any sleep but also because you’ve finished your book and you don’t know what to do with your life now.
i’m sorry but can we just take a moment to appreciate disney genderbending
at the perfection
in all of this
and let’s not forget the best one
i’m so satisfied
god fuckin dayum
THE MALE CRUELLA LOVE ME
everytime i join a new fandom i feel like im ripping my soul into another horcrux
Apparently it’s not socially acceptable for a man to invite another man out just for coffee or to go out for a meal, in case it’s perceived as a date. Like it’s fine if you wanna go to the pub and drink beer and have a chat but make it non-alcoholic and suddenly you’re not straight anymore? You can go to the cinema together but ONLY if it’s an action movie. You guys can’t even just go shopping with each other. Oh masculinity, so fragile, so strange.